If you have ever put on a jacket and failed to notice that it was printed with a slogan or logo, you know how disappointing it can be. Fortunately, the good news is that removing the print from your jacket is not difficult at all. There are just a few steps you need to follow in order to get rid of the jacket printing singapore on your garment:
Wash the jacket
- Remove the jacket from the washer and hang it to dry.
- Wash the jacket with warm water and a mild detergent in the washing machine, using a gentle cycle. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Rinse the jacket in cold water
Iron the jacket
To do this, you’ll need to iron your shirt inside out. This will make sure that any heat doesn’t damage the fabric itself (which can happen if your iron has too high of a temperature). Place both sides (front and back) onto an ironing board, then turn on your iron at a low setting (we recommend starting out between cotton/wool or linen).
Place newspaper inside the jacket
- Place newspaper inside the jacket.
- The newspaper will help keep the acetone from damaging the jacket, so make sure it is folded up and placed in an area where it won’t move around while you’re working.
- Place latex gloves on your hands.
- Acetone can be very dangerous if it gets on your skin, so wearing latex gloves is a must when using this chemical.
Place a little bit of acetone in a bowl or face cloth
Place a little bit of acetone in a bowl or face cloth. Acetone is a chemical that removes ink from fabrics. It can be found at most hardware stores and is flammable, so make sure you are using it in a well-ventilated area. Do not use acetone on leather or suede jackets, it will remove the finish and ruin your jacket.
To remove print off your jacket with acetone:
- Pour some acetone into a dish large enough for you to fit both sides of your jacket into. Make sure that you don’t use too much! Too much acetone will make it harder for you to scrub away all of the ink because there won’t be enough room for all of it in one spot (it’s like trying to put more than one drop of water into an empty glass—it just won’t fit!).
- Put each side of your jacket into its own container (if possible) so that they don’t get mixed up while soaking in the solvent. You can also use two different types of containers if you have them handy (like jars), but make sure that they’re not plastic—you’ll need something glass or stainless steel so as not harm any other materials nearby during this step!
Now you know how to remove printing from a custom jacket singapore. All you need to do is wash the jacket, dry it and iron it with newspaper inside. You can use a pair of latex gloves and some acetone if you want, but it’s not necessary. This method works great on most jackets and helps them look like new again!